A storefront is a kind of window from which buyers find out about the assortment, the arrival of a new collection, or the period of sales. According to statistics, 80% of buyers enter a jewelry store not to find and purchase a specific product, but simply because they want to make a purchase. A well-designed showcase provokes a momentary desire to buy the thing presented in the storefront and also causes a desire to return to this store again.

When working on the concept of a storefront, many factors are taken into account: the flow of buyers; the location of the store; its class; brands that the store represents, and, of course, environmental friendliness. From an artistic point of view, a showcase window is a small theater; a well-designed storefront gives an impression of great depth. To achieve this effect, there are four tools, the correct use of which will give a good result.


4 Tools in Creating a Good Showcase

  1. A successful correctly made multi-level composition of objects (jewelry and decor) and printed material;
  2. Harmonious color combination;
  3. Correctly exposed backlight, which works equally well both day and night;
  4. Use of environmentally friendly materials.

It is known that the goods from the storefront are sold faster, so you shouldn’t display the most beautiful and expensive ones. You can exhibit what sells poorly; if such a product is correctly displayed, its attractiveness for purchase increases significantly.

When working with a showcase, it is crucial not to overload the composition with objects. The eye is more attentive to fewer objects. Besides, a viewer will perceive several beautiful pieces of jewelry collected in a harmonious composition as more valuable. 

Change the showcase every 10-15 days. The update doesn’t mean a complete change of scenery. It is enough to change the products in the storefront, the compositional arrangement of the bases, or the color accent (for example, put a flower of a different color). Such correction gives a signal to a regular customer that something new has appeared in this store, and new color accents are attracting new customers. Don’t forget: the product displayed in the window must be in stock in the store!

Let’s consider separately each of the tools for creating an effective storefront.



To showcase jewelry, you need to create a working composition. There are three main types of composition:


  1. Composition of the type “3-5-8” (the objects used in the showcase differ in size “large, small, medium”).
  2. Composition “staircase — straight or spiral” (objects are located at different levels).
  3. Row (objects are located on one straight line).

The main objects are always located in the center, higher than other objects, and at a level that is convenient for viewing (just below eye level). 



Jewelry lighting shouldn’t be overly bright, it should show off the jewelry in its natural, authentic form. To do this, use directional light or spotlighting, snatching out individual decorations from the semi-darkness.


Color and Materials

Jewelry showcase can be decorated in one color or divided into several color groups. One color should dominate in the composition — it should be at least 80%. A combination of similar tones is possible, while a harmoniously selected color accent can be included in the remaining 20%.


Jewelry Brands and Ecology: Points of Contact

Humanity has realized that we have only one planet, and it must be saved. If a few years ago, reusable materials of showcase windows caused ridicule and bewilderment, now it is becoming the norm. Society chooses the concept of conscious consumption and care for the environment.

Following the ecology is a costly business, it requires attention to detail, but on the other hand, it opens up new opportunities for brand PR activities. The concept of sustainability — the desire to restore balance on the planet — sounds familiar nowadays.

Sustainability affects two aspects: the impact on the environment and the impact on society. Within the framework of this concept, the goal of any project is to positively influence one of the areas. Planning a development strategy towards brand sustainability is essential: if a company cannot take responsibility for its actions, it has no future.

This directly applies to jewelry stores. After all, the use of environmentally friendly and recyclable materials for windows, storefronts, and showcases doesn’t harm the environment, as well as also attracts buyers who practice conscious consumption.